DAMAGED Empty Bijoux Box - Various Sizes/Extent of Damage
Empty Bijoux Boxes
Enamel Coated Metal
Made in Germany
- 12 Pan (2 Mixing Areas in Lid) - Blue
- 12 Pan (3 Mixing Areas in lid) - Blue
- 24 Pan - Blue bottom, black top
- 36 Pan - Blue bottom, black top
- 48 Pan - Blue
Levels of Damage:
- 20% off - Minor dents & scratches
- 40% off - Noticeable dents & scratches
- 60% off - Significant dents & scratches
- 80% off - Crushed to varying extents, some with interior bent brackets. (Bring pliers!)
All items in this listing are damaged in some way. They are also very dusty, which is the way they arrived - likely from the shipping warehouse in which they were damaged. It pains us to send out products looking like this. However, the dust is easily wiped off, and if we took the time to do this at our studios we would unfortunately have to raise the price.
We have made these available to you because they are still useful and we try to minimize our waste. Most well-used, well-traveled bijoux boxes will accumulate a collection of bumps, dents, scratches, and wear over their lifetime. These are very durable high quality items - they just need a little love and they will be ready for use.
If you purchase a box from the 80% off category, be prepared to bend some things back into place to make your box serviceable. Pliers may be needed!
Some boxes have minor scratches to the interior.
All damaged bijoux boxes will have one of our Bijoux Box Priming Pads included with purchase.
Enamel Bijoux Boxes are a classic choice to house your watercolors while traveling. They are durable, securely cradle pans, and provide ample space to mix colors. Our Bijoux Boxes are German-manufactured and of very high quality. There are less expensive flimsier ones on the market that resemble these, but that perform very differently. A good Bijoux Box is an investment that should last you many years. Indeed, they can be passed down from generation to generation, and often become treasured objects.
Bijoux Box Features:
- Durable metal construction.
- German manufactured.
- White enamel interior surface for color mixing.
- Designed expressly for use with watercolors.
- Fold-out color mixing flap.
- Divided mixing areas in lid and on flap.
- Metal thumb loop on bottom.
- Removable insert.
- Can accommodate both standard Half-Pans and Full Pans.
Enamel is considered a superior mixing surface, especially in comparison with plastic mixing palettes. However, brand new enamel causes your paint to bead up as frustratingly as any new surface. While enamel "breaks in" beautifully and naturally in time. However, if you would prefer to speed up this process, you can prepare or prime the mixing areas of your new bijoux box.
The secret is micro-abrasion. Over time with natural use, your brush and pigments naturally upbraid the surface of the enamel, which lessens the surface tension of your paint and allows it to spread on the mixing surface. Simply use the priming pad we include with your Bijoux Box purchase and follow the listed instructions.